Okay, the headline is a bit misleading. He didn’t become “Racist of the Year.” He was dubbed “Person of the Year,” by Time Magazine.
But he did that by being the most successful person to divide an entire nation using disinformation, propaganda, biased media coverage, social media technology, racial pandering, secular and religious fear-mongering along with a healthy dose of good old-fashion lying to what has to be the most gullible and vulnerable populace to ever vote for the least-qualified person to ever become president.
While the conversations in moderate and conservative media camps is “give Trump a chance…” I am not among those who feel such a disgraceful character should be given the time of day, let alone the seat of the most powerful nation in the world.
Since the election has declared him President-elect and he has been choosing his own personalized Legion of Doom, a collection of the richest, most enabled predators of the capitalist plutocracy that is 21st Century America has to offer. And where they may lack the affluence, they are more racist than a Klan rally during the Jim Crow era South.
Watching Trump’s early pre-presidential status as he caters to racism, old money, the establishment, Wall Street, furthering his own financial status by bring money into his own apartment building in New York, and just about any other fiduciary scheme he can pander to, has dimmed none of the zeal his poorest and least capable voters have for him.
His glamour, his Svengali-like power of charisma which convinced them to vote against their own interest does not seem to be dwindling even as he takes step after step away from the promises he made them. While he hasn’t completely backpedaled on all of them, some of his promises seem to be losing their luster, faced with the real intricacies of running a nation. His stance regarding building walls, punishing Hillary, draining the swamp of insiders, prosecuting illegal immigration, and destroying that most evil of legislation, the worst thing to ever happen to America including slavery, the specter of the Affordable Care Act have softened probably out of fear of the responses he might trigger once the realities of his ideas affect the tens of millions of people nationwide.
People who have already begun to suspect he has sold them a bill of goods and he has never intended to do anything but feather his own nest and stick his name across the nation, just like another of his ostentatious hotels that only the very richest can afford to live in.
I suspect when he is done, the nation will look exactly like one of his hotels, gaudy, tacky and awaiting foreclosure. Which brings me to the nature of this particular document.
A friend on Quora asked me to reconsider my stance toward Trump recently because of my feelings on his racist rantings and catering to the White Supremacists as integral members of his cabinet. My friend said if I truly knew the man, there was no way I could say he was racist.
A second friend told me as I was conducting my research that Redditors had already done the legwork and gathered media articles from reasonable sources reporting on behaviors which would make one think Trump may more than a bit “racially-insensitive” and that his behavior had nothing to do with his rhetoric which he claims was just the way to reach his base.
His racist, under-educated, woefully misinformed, FOX news-absorbing base…
Anyway, I took a look at the Redditor’s list and was blown away by its depth and completeness. I have no love affair with Reddit but in this case, I have nothing but respect for this work.
Like so many things I post, I don’t ask for your belief. I don’t ask you to change your mind. I instead ask you to remain open to the idea that none of the people who voted for overt acts of hateful racism, for the religious and cultural subjugation of women, the conversion-therapy of the LGBT community, the elimination of healthcare for millions, the dissolution of Medicare and Medicaid, perpetual warfare overseas, and any number of other Wall Street, Big Pharma, and taxpayer-sponsored shenanigans such as the Carrier plant recently, are aware of just how bad a deal with the devil we have made.
But after you read a number of the following articles, I am convinced you may see the man differently. But if you don’t, he was the president you deserved. I just wish the rest of us didn’t have to clean up after him and his Horsemen when he’s done.
Don't compare Donald Trump to Adolf Hitler. It belittles Hitler.
Before their recent meeting - and I suspect a few times after - Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto compared Donald…
Redditors collection of links refuting Trump supporters claims that he is NOT a racist
“I just heard Trump speak live. I’ve never before witnessed such a brazen display of nativistic jingoism, along with a complete disregard for economic reality. It was an awesome experience, a perfect repudiation of all good sense and intellectual sobriety.
Since World War II, the ideology he represents has usually lived in dark corners, and we don’t even have a name for it anymore. The right name, the correct name, the historically accurate name, is fascism. I don’t use that word as an insult only. It is accurate.”
— JEFFREY A. TUCKER
Trump security refuses to allow black Muslim woman into event despite her having bought a ticket and being a Trump supporter. Yet let white anti-trump protesters into event. When confronted over the racism security guard says, “If I’m told by Trump’s campaign that some people can’t come in they can’t come in.”
When asked for comments on two of his supporters who brutally beat and urinated on a Hispanic homeless man while yelling Pro-Trump Slogans, Trump responds by defending the men as just being “passionate”.
A Long List of Prominent White Supremacists Who Support Donald Trump (source)
- Until recently, Jared Taylor, one of the country’s most prominent white supremacists, had never supported a presidential candidate. “There’s been no one worth endorsing,” he said. “I mean, was John McCain ever going to do anything useful as far as the legitimate interests of whites are concerned?” But Mr. Taylor believes he has finally found someone who will: Donald Trump. This year, Mr. Taylor’s voice could be heard on robocalls to voters across Iowa and New Hampshire, urging them to support Mr. Trump. “We don’t need Muslims. We need smart, educated, white people…” Then came Sunday — a banner day for Mr. Trump in the eyes of white-power advocates. In an early-morning social media post, Mr. Trump approvingly reposted on Twitter a quotation from Benito Mussolini (“It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep”). Then, in an interview on CNN, he refused to condemn the Ku Klux Klan or David Duke, after Mr. Duke declared his support for Mr. Trump. “God bless this man,” exulted the Daily Stormer, a white supremacist website. source
- How Donald Trump is breathing life into America’s dying white supremacist movement: The national organizer for the Knights Party told The Post that the Republican presidential candidate has become a great outreach tool, providing separatists with an easy way to start a conversation about issues that are important to the dying white supremacist movement. source
- White supremacist groups see bump from Donald Trump’s race baiting; “He has sparked an insurgency,” Stormfront founder says. source
- Trump has become a champion for the American far-right and their anti-Muslim rhetoric. He makes the mood music to which white supremacists dance. Those with a propensity to violence need an atmosphere in which their views have become normalized, and violence has become considered an appropriate option to action those views. source
- White Supremacist David Duke: Trump Has Said ‘Some Incredibly Great Things’ source
- White Supremacist Wants To Name His All-White Town After Donald Trump source
- The Nazi Tweets of ‘Trump God Emperor’: Trump supporters are mounting horrific anti-Semitic campaigns. This journalist spoke of a barrage of hate-filled tweets, including “the image of a smiling Mr. Trump in Nazi uniform flicking the switch on a gas chamber containing my Photoshopped face” and “a path of dollar bills leading to an oven.” source
- Donald Trump retweets neo-Nazi’s insult of Jeb Bush source
- US Neo-Nazi Leader Says Donald Trump ‘the Real Deal’ source
- The GOP convention is going to be a white nationalist rally source
- Inside A White Nationalist Conference Energized By Trump’s Rise source
- White Nationalists See Advancement Through Donald Trump’s Candidacy source
- White Nationalist Party Claims More of Its Members Are Now Trump Delegates source
- The Trump campaign just selected a white nationalist leader as one of its delegates in California source
- White nationalists back Donald Trump. Super PAC’s racist robocalls may be hurting Trump more than helping source
- White Nationalists Make Calls For Donald Trump In New Hampshire source
- A White Nationalist Super PAC is Campaigning for Donald Trump in Iowa source
- It’s that time again!
Donald Trump violated the civil rights act by refusing to rent homes to black people.
Trump continued to refuse to rent homes to black people three years after Justice Department ruling on the matter sides against Trump.
Trump ordered blacks to leave casino floor whenever him or wife arrives on property.
1991 book written by Trump Plaza Hotel & Casino President quotes Trump as saying:
“I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day… . I think the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.“
Trump built a casino in black majority city and breaks promise to mayor about hiring locals, refrains to hire the minorities and opting to staff the casino with almost exclusively all Caucasian employees.
Trump was asked about replacing TSA’s ‘heebeejabis’ with veterans, responded with:
“We’re looking at it”
Trump responded to accusations of racism by hiring a former aid for Joseph McCarthy to sue the government for half a billion dollars.
Trump kept books of Hitler Speeches by his bed.
Trump’s campaign Photoshopped a white model black.
Trump refused to disavow support from the Klu Klux Klan multiple times during interview only to change his mind later on twitter.
The KKK endorses Trump.
Trump retweets message from Pro-Hitler, white genocide conspiracy Twitter account.
Analysis shows that 62% of the people Trump retweeted on the week of January 19th 2016 were white supremacist accounts.
Trump picks famed white supremacist leader as delegate.
Trump’s son gives interview with Holocaust denying radio show host who wants to bring back slavery.
Trump’s “my African-American” isn’t even a Trump supporter.
Trump gives press credentials to white supremacist radio host.
Trump discriminated against Native-Americans as well.
Six former contestants of The Apprentice blast Trump as a racist and sexist.
Trumps father was arrested for attacking police officers at KKK rally.
Public Policy Polling polls Trump supporters and discovers:
60% Support banning Muslims from entering the United States
50% Support the Confederate flag hanging on the capital grounds
30% Support shutting down all mosques in the United States
30% Wish the South won the civil war
25% Islam should be illegal in the United States
25% Support the policy of Japanese Internment
20% Support banning homosexuals from entering the United States
10% Say Whites are a superior race
(11% aren’t sure one way or another)
Trump refuses to condemn violence against Muslims and African-Americans committed by his supporters.
The Economist polls Trump supporters and discovers:
15% disapprove of slavery being abolished (Another 20% aren’t sure one way or another)
50% support the use of torture on foreign enemy combatants (Another 25% aren’t sure one way or another)
80% of Trump’s supporters claim to have no problem with racist comments.
Trump falsely claims 4 out of 5 white people who were victims of homicide were murdered by blacks.
Trump believes that Mexicans are rapist by default.
Trump tweeted an anti-semitic tweet likely depicting Hillary jewish.
The HRC David star tweet turned out to originate from a neo-nazi website.
Trump retweets quote from Italian Dictator Benito Mussolini.
Trump uses picture of Nazi soldiers in official campaign poster.
Trump’s spokesman, Katrina Pierson, criticized Obama for being “a negro” and not “pure-breed”.
Opinions of his supporters
- 20% of Trump’s supporters think that freeing the slaves was a bad thing. http://time.com/4236640/donald-trump-racist-supporters/
- 65% of Trump’s supporters think Obama is a Muslim. http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/05/gop-quickly-unifies-around-trump-clinton-still-has-modest-lead.html#more
- 64% of Trump’s supporters think that “Muslims should be subject to more scrutiny” http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/05/11/trump-supporters-differ-from-other-gop-voters-on-foreign-policy-immigration-issues/
- Trump supporters are more likely than supporters of other Republican candidates to have negative feelings towards feminists, Muslims, Latinos, Gays and Lesbians, and Transgender people. In contrast, Trump supporters have far warmer feelings towards whites than supporters of other candidates. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-voters-versus-republicans_us_573b0ec0e4b060aa781b32ce
Trump’s “Muslim ban” is unconstitutional.
Trump thinks that Muslims should wear “special ID badges”, as well as having a database tracking muslims.
Trump lies about how “Muslims celebrated 9/11”.
Trump wants to racially profile to “prevent criminality”.
Trump had a full-page ad promoting execution of a group of Latino and Black children, who later turned out to be innocent.
Trump continued to believe that they were somehow guilty dispite the DNA test.
He believes that Obama was born in Kenya.
He attacked Judge P. Curiel for his “Mexican heritage”
Anne Frank’s relatives thinks that Trump is ‘acting like Hitler’.
Trump was fined $200,000 in 1992 by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement for not allowing blacks or women onto his casino floor while a racist Mafia leader was gambling.
Trump kicked the only black Republican official out of an Atlanta Trump event with no explanation.
“The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose.
An evil soul producing holy witness
Is like a villain with a smiling cheek,
A goodly apple rotten at the heart.
O, what a goodly outside falsehood hath!”
Thaddeus Howze is a writer, essayist, author and professional storyteller for mysterious beings who exist in non-Euclidean realms beyond our understanding. You can follow him on Twitter or support his writings on Patreon.