Negrodamus Speaks: “More advice on how to talk to the white working class without insulting them.”
The Original Underclass? Here is some real talk for them instead.
Articles about poor whites and the so-called “original underclass” are in magazines online all over the place. I followed my article with a nice sampler of “Poor Whites Suffering” pieces. Here’s one from Slate:
Advice on How to Talk to the White Working Class Without Insulting Them
If there is one thing everyone should be able to agree on about the past seven months, it is that the white working…
When I saw this trend, I was immediately put off by the very tone of these articles. I’ve decided I am not having one bit of this. Not one bit. Here’s why:
You want my advice on how to talk to the White Working Class without insulting them? Here it is: “Grow up.”
Millions of minorities have put up with far more suffering, far less support from government (if it wasn’t killing us outright), far more mistreatment from society at large, for less for a hell of a lot longer than any white people in recent memory.
300 years longer, in point of fact. While you might have been poor coming to this early nation, some of us were SLAVES or murdered outright so you could bring your poor asses to this country. Outlawing slavery didn’t really change anything either. New legislation and old practices kept minorities handicapped for generations! <Gasp, you say?>
I said this was going to be real talk. Buckle up.
You’re sad because you lost your job in the factory five years ago? I feel for you. We lost ours (if we were lucky enough to get one) ten years before you even knew there was a problem with said factory.
It is always like this if you are a minority in America.
“Last hired, first fired.”
To translate that for those of you who are not minorities, it means:
- We are the last people to get work after Whites hire every white person they know,
- After they hire every white friend they have,
- After they go through every cousin of every white friend they have,
- After they hire every white person they have run into on the street and haven’t seen in years
- After they hire every white person who might be related to someone on their staff who hasn’t worked in years but would make a great manager for this company despite the fact he doesn’t have any experience at the job…
Then they start from the lightest of us, so they can ease the white people at the job into the idea there are no more qualified whites, no more unqualified whites, so we are now starting with those light-skinned minorities which shouldn’t be too off-putting. Maybe some Chinese or other supremely skilled Asians from out of the country, so they don’t know how much their skills are really worth. That’d be okay, right?
Why exactly should I be making allowances to placate people who helped plunge the nation into darkness by handing it into the “yuge” and corrupt hands of the racist, pussy-grabber, boaster-of his-mental-greatness, placer-of-my-name-on-everything-in-sight, while debasing the previous and far more qualified president, in-chief because they felt they were being ignored?
The best they could do was hire someone who would bankrupt the nation with nationalistic, jingoistic bullshit about Make America Great Again, while he buys all of his products in China? Are you serious?
The same China that is happy to laugh all the way to a position of dominance in world affairs, and a new economic hegemony while the US lets its infrastructure, roads, sewers, and bridges crumble to the ground in a statement of racial protest against the previous Black presidency. Yes, I said it.
A group of bigots hired a bigot because they thought he would undo all the things a Black man, who they felt should have never been president in a nation of greedy, xenophobic, isolationist, fear-riddled, fundamentalist, paternalistic, misogynists in the first place.
You guys are right. He shouldn’t have ever tried to do anything for you. You’re an ungrateful group of people who didn’t know how good you had it while President Obama was in office.
The real treat is that you still don’t know. You’re still running around talking about how great Trump is and how he is turning the nation around thanks to the state-sponsored mouthpiece organization, FOX News which you consume religiously as if it were actually providing you anything resembling news.
Coal? What are you talking about?
“At the same time, we will unleash the full power of American energy, ending the job killing restrictions on shale, oil, natural gas, and clean, beautiful coal.”
Exactly how should we go back to running our coal-based submarines Donald Trump thinks would revitalize our starving military budgets? I know! By cutting school funding, science funding, educational services, food preparation services for the elderly, a loss of resources for public national parks and any of another dozen egregious misappropriations of public funds not supporting actual public goods or services.
You cannot cut your way to a better economy if you are spending more on a military that does not need one more cent spent on it. Not one more, unless its to help those 22 veterans a day who are committing suicide. Yes. Spend it on people who have served in America’s perpetual war and suffering for it.
Let me be clear:
If the best our nation can do is sit around and watch the robber barons of the 21st century coddle the impoverished white citizens they helped to keep poor by sending their companies overseas, then you know what, you get the government and the society you deserve.
- You get the country you deserve where fear reigns supreme, fear of the media, fear of the police, fear of extreme poverty, fear of drugs, fear of speaking out for yourself unless you are a fascist or friend to the many racist militant groups scattered around the country.
- You get the country you deserve where there is one gun per citizen and one cop for every 10,000 citizens.
- You get the country you deserve when your water has lead and other toxins because you want to frack until you reach the water table.
- You get the country you deserve when your kids are too stupid to make good decisions because you forgot to fund the educational process equally across the nation.
- You get the nation you deserve when entertainment becomes the only thing your citizens are good for because they lack the attention span for more rigorous thinking.
- You get the nation you deserve when you have guns and tanks and bombs but no food for the people who you’re supposed to be protecting.
- You get the nation you deserve when the people who are running your government are millionaires beholden to richer millionaires adjusting laws through lobbyists to make themselves even richer billionaires.
- You get the nation you deserve when your Congressmen make $608 dollars an hour but resist providing a living wage for the rest of a nation of stagnating wages and increasing prices.
If being poor means being stupid and voting against your own interests, because you are too poor to recognize your own interests, then you have no one to blame for your poverty BUT you.
In case I wasn’t clear:
Why exactly should anyone give two fucks about a section of the United States which actively went out of its way to ensure the worst fucking candidate possible BAR NONE ended up in the job and are now NOT getting the jobs they were promised, are NOT getting the “help” they were promised and said candidate has done NOTHING to Make America Great Again in any way shape or form.
- Why exactly should I be kind to a bunch of stupid people who would set their house on fire to make sure everyone burned as a form of revenge against the people who stacked the wood around their house in the first place?
Get the fuck outta here.
- Black people and other minorities have lived on less than even the poorest white trash in the US, literally for centuries. No one gave a goddamn how we were supposed to make it in light of the results of chattel slavery, suffrage, Jim Crow and every other kind of discrimination that could be made legal in this nation.
- We had to make it. No one helped us. Any laws created to help us made life better for just about everyone else and us only as an afterthought.
- So, I am just about out of sympathy for White people who thought Trump was the candidate for them because it has been proven by his actions in less than two hundred days that Trump wouldn’t spare the piss to put these people out if he passed them on the side of the road and they were on fire.
- So let this motherfucker burn to the ground if that is what it takes for them to realize: You can’t burn your house in revenge if the guy outside is in a suit pouring gasoline on your fire. You hurt nobody but yourself and the other unfortunates who didn’t make the same stupid mistakes you did.
Just how is that “Make America Great Again” promise going?
- 24 million people will lose their healthcare if this idiot has his way. Sounds like an upgrade right?
- We are losing our national status as he goes out into the world to offend other world leaders, shit on global policies and present himself as an out of touch, illiterate, robber baron who inherited his wealth and not a lick of damn sense. So far so good…
- Hey, he’s appointing the least qualified people to have ever held their positions because somehow making things less effective works better. Maybe so he can privatize it later? Because nothing works as well as a government service that has been privatized, right?
- What about those four hundred other appointments he needs to make? Oh well, they’ve fallen by the wayside because he doesn’t have time with his national drama hit: Making America Great Again (The Reality Show).
Not to worry: In my role as Negrodamus I can see America’s future.
“The Militarized States of America 2045. Thanks to the plunge in national status, the United States is now a third world nation firmly in the throes of abject poverty and military dictatorship.
With inflation running amok and poverty at an all time high, diseases that haven’t been seen in decades are sweeping the country. People not killed by renewed diseases die from overdoses in new designer opiates which have devastated wide swaths of this divided nation.
Measles, diptheria and numerous antibiotic-resistant strains of bacteria make America a country to be avoided by foreign nationals. Measles, once thought all but extinct, has flared up across the southern part of the US killing hundreds of thousands of children in the past decade and does not seem to be abating. The medical institutions collapses in 2032, when medicine simply became too expensive for anyone but the rich to be able to afford. Now, wandering doctors who may or may not be licensed are all most people can depend on, if they have any medical care at all.
Rioting however is at an all time low due to the martial law enacted since 2024 due to food shortages. The military takeover of the government has kept the MUS from plunging into full scale rioting over the lack of food distribution, sanitation and adequate water in the remaining cities that remain above sea level.
The Militarized United States extends from the East Coast to the borders of the Mississippi. Unfortunately, much of the Midwest has fallen to religious fundamentalism and can no longer be entered without proper authorization. Food trade with the Religious Fundamentalists of Christ and its military order the Knights of the New Klan have kept a strong lock on the food belt and with the MUS protecting the shores of the nation from invasion, they are stretched too thin to do anything but negotiate with the Christers leader, Ted Cruz.
The West Coast Alliance (formerly California, Oregon and Washington are still in cooperation with the MUS and are slowly making arrangements to deal with Japan and China, the two reigning world powers in a surprising upset after the Russo-Sino War of 2032, where Vladmir Putin and his government were destroyed in a surprise nuclear attack from North Korea.
In what is called the Six Minute War, North Korea was bombed off the map by Chinese submarines stationed off the Korean coastline. With Russia in disarray, China marched its troops into the Moscow to restore order and simply never left.
Without a strong US presence in the world, not the military one but the democratically elected ideal as a model, democracy has declined and military authoritarianism is now the order of the day. The few remaining non-State sponsored news services point the beginning of this decline of the American superpower on the rise of Donald Trump in 2017 where a lack of intelligent deployment of military, social and economic assets as well as a properly regulated economic engine lead to the last decade of American dominance in world politics.”
America is looking great to me… if by great you mean a xenophobic, racist wonderland. Then yeah, the future looks bright.
More Tales of the Original Underclass:
The Despair of Poor White Americans
Sometime during the past few years, the country started talking differently about white Americans of modest means…
Survey: the poor white working class was, if anything, more likely than the rich to vote for…
It wasn't the economy, but racism and xenophobia, that explains Trump's rise.
The Lives of Poor White People
"I grew up poor, in the Rust Belt, in an Ohio steel town that has been hemorrhaging jobs and hope for as long as I can…
Poor White Americans Are Dying of Despair
As perfect storm of woes have hit poor American whites with high school or less educations and they are dying as a…
You can follow him on Twitter or support his writings on Patreon. (Yes, supporting through Patreon gives him more time to create good stuff like this.) One of the best ways to show you care is to share this story.